Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Comeback.


I have returned! I am really, honestly back for plenty of summertime musings. Been a little overwhelmed this week with moving my piles of clothing and shoes back home from college. I am not being a bit hyperbolic when I say piles. If I weren't so ashamed at the state of my bedroom, I would totally post a photo. I used one of those suitcases you joke about carrying your friend in when you take a totally enviable trip to transport my shoes back home, and get this: they wouldn't all fit. The very sad thing is, with the season morphing into summer, I feel only compelled to purchase more outrageous footwear. I also started a new job this week! A job that allows me to act on my urges of wearing pretty much whatever I want compared to my past employment ventures. Anyways, I feel like I could post about a thousand things right now, but I will try my very hardest not to do so.

Things that make me very excited for summer:

Seeing Death Cab for Cutie next Friday

Going to NYC with my best friend and mom(never gets old...even after 16 trips!)

My amazing new gladiator sandals

Prancing around the very green Kansas country side

My new eBay-ing adventures (henceforth referred to as Solid Gold Vintage...more info on that as it comes!)


Anyways, many real posts coming your way...if I have any more readers! I still want/need to know what you want to see being auctioned off on eBay so I can find it and it can make its way into your hearts, heads, and homes!


I also have an obvious affinity for green grass and all things sun-drenched.
Yellow gingham and floral print blouse, white belt, black pencil skirt, and sunglasses-vintage; white peep-toe jelly sandals-Urban Outfitters.

7 comments:

The Stylish Wanderer said...

I love the feeling that summer brings that you can wear anything, anything at all.

Human Racing said...

I love the mood your outfit evokes.

Biianca said...

YAY you found me!!! I really like your outfit!

Sam said...

i love that blouse.
haha, it is too bad that we can't have a glad party! =[
but it's so cool we bought the same ones. mine aren't arriving until the 30th...i can't wait any longer!!

Secretista said...

You look so wonderful! It's a like a scene from a 70's summer movie with Kirsten Dunst in it.

Sam said...

yay, that's good news!
when they come, i'll have to figure out how to wear them.

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

Marylin,

coco

thank you very much for the comment you left on 16 diaries.
RomanY is a wonderful person i do appreciate.

i do appreciate that my street styles photos gives you more than ever the desire to come in Paris
i just want to humanize fashion by showing that real people are more stylish and real life (in Paris) more beautiful than the fashion shows !
isn't it ?

Welcome to Paris !

i wish you a great evening and lot of happiness.

and if you need some photos, be my guest !

Kamel
street style romancer in Paris