Thursday, February 14, 2008

Coming up Roses

It can be a safe assumption that this is a day reserved for beautiful flowers.  And lovers.  And hearts.  And chocolate...whatever.  Since I am sitting in my dorm room watching Sex and the City DVDs and studying for a potentially heinous Russian test, pretty blooms have clearly not been a big part of my Valentine's Day (which isn't over! I'm optimistic).  All of these Valentiners have it all wrong though.  Floral arrangements are not meant to be purchased today and wither after a week!  The florals I'm thinking of are sprouting up all over the place and are staying that way for quite some time.  While flowery prints were the object of many a designer's affections for Spring, they're also going to be hanging out come Fall.    


Karen Walker's Spring 2008 Runway

Fall 2008 from Erin Fetherston

My personal floral purchase from Urban Outfitters. Lilac with neon, impressionistic flowers.  I love it, but unfortunately the weather here has been so dismal that I have yet to take it out on the town.  I also feel I need a perfect pair of cerulean tights like those in the Erin Fetherston photo to complement the dress. I love how florals are still present for fall in deeper shades.  Perhaps designers are realizing that flowers need to come out to play even in weather they can't typically survive in!   Plus, flowers have been known to make many a girl feel a little bit happier! So, even if you're spending this Valentine's day alone, treat yourself to some flowers...on a pretty new frock, that is!

5 comments:

anna. said...

im completely obsessed with all the floras used on the runway for d and g.
but u.o has some good ones too.
=D

Caroline said...

that last dress is delicioussssss

Wendy said...

I have been itchy for a nice floral dress! I might have to check out UO.

terren said...

oooh pretty pretty!

n. said...

amazing blog :]
and i'd love to link up.