Friday, February 8, 2008

Sixteen (19) Candles, and other things 80's.

Ahh, birthdays.  One day I will come to dread them, but for now, I'm digging the birthday celebration scene.  What a perfect reason to get way overdressed!  In my case, I'm wearing my bright yellow, tiered trapeze dress from Zara,  cropped purple vintage jacket, opaque tights, vintage jazz oxfords, and a crazy-printed Marc by Marc purse.  All I want now is big piece of cheesecake with my name on it...
In honor of this day of birth thing, I want to show off the woman who made it all possible: Mom.  She was pretty rad in the 1980's.  I often look to faded photographs of her in her impeccable vintage attire (anywhere from the 1940's-60's) for inspiration.  So, since I shared that memorable photo of Dad, here are some of my rocking Mom (and a couple of cameos by me).  No one did the Billy Idol haircut or high waisted pant better.  Cheers, Mom.








  

1 comment:

kelsea said...

this is an awesome post! i love it :]

and im linking you right now if i havent already