Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sloane, darling

There are few things that cure what ails me when I'm feeling particularly under the weather than a nice film from the 1980's.  The summer I got my tonsils out, it was a marathon of John Hughes.  Sadly enough, I sit in my room sniffling due to a cold with no rad films in sight.  Thus, I am forced to go off of memory...day-glo, shoulder padded, acid washed, memory.  That being said, I am dedicating this post to my favorite fictional eighties gal: Sloane Peterson, from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."  There is something about Mia Sara's Sloane that is ridiculously cool.  I'm not too sure if it's how effortlessly volumuinous her hair looks, or if it is the fact that I'm jealous that she ditches school to tool around Chicago and press her forehead on the glass of the Hancock building next to Cameron and Ferris.  Although she radiates enigmatic cool, she always has me seriously considering high waisted shorts, fringed jackets, and oversized wayfarers every time I view the film.   



8 comments:

anna. said...

okay,
i'll try, lol.

Wendy said...

I heart Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the classic of my childhood. Actually I wasn't even born when the movie was filmed, but I loved it nonetheless. Mathew Borderick is amazing!

Sloane is such a cool girl.

Wendy said...

Btw, I'd love to trade links.

J said...

Oh My God...I love love love Sloane. Seriously that scene in the car with Ferris' dad? I aspire to be that cool. And that fringe jacket-I've been searching for it my whole life. You've inspired me to go on searching .

M said...

Could you please add my blog?
The link is itfahions.blogspot.com

Thanks

kelsea said...

hey!! i've linked you :]

sridevi said...

Thanks!

And I absolutely love Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Best movie ever.

Sammie said...

I love Sloane! She and Cameron are my favorite characters from Ferris Bueller's day off.

I love your blog as well, I'd love to trade links.