Saturday, April 19, 2008

I am it (and the Russian side of Spring)

I have been tagged...the lovely Romany tagged me earlier in the week, and now I am finally following through!



Here are the rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Write about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
So....I'm choosing to just write random facts about myself as opposed to 'unspectacular quirks.' I like it better this way...



1. I refuse to set my alarm at a time ending with a multiple of five. If I want to get up at 9:45, I pick either 9:42 or 9:47
2. I am strangely picky about meats. I will eat lunch meat turkey, but not a roast turkey. I will eat a corndog, but not a hotdog. I will eat glazed ham, but never lunch meat ham. I only eat chicken off the bone. And I just dislike beef in general.

3. I grew up in a town (or rather village) that consists of under twenty of my relatives. I played in fields and had picnics on railroad bridges. Actually, I still do that.
4. I HATE wearing heels under four inches. I feel anything less, even though I'm 5'8", makes me look stumpy.
5. I went to the same school, every school day of my life, for 13 years. And there were 32 people in my graduating class, probably over half of which I had been going to school with all of those 13 years.
6. I am in an eye-makeup rut. I have been wearing the same winged black eyeliner style for the past four years.



I tag...

EVERYONE. Seriously, if you're reading this...I just tagged you.



And, for your viewing pleasure, here are photos from an April 2008 Vogue Russian editorial featuring Sasha Pivavarova. I like to look at covers from Vogue Russia just to see how much I can actually read, but these photos really caught my eye. I love how even though the editorial is for April, they didn't feel the need to include obligatory (albeit fabulous!) neons, florals, or floaty dresses. I will always have an affinity for juxtapositions! I seriously want that USSR shirt, slick little leather jacket, sheer black dress with hardware embellishments, and of course those amazing heels that incorporate rope, wood, and metal studs. I also feel the need to find a deep crimson lipstick worthy of a 40's screen siren, smudge my liner and muss up my hair a bit. If only the outcome would look half as cool as Sasha's!

For more Russian Fashion check out the Facehunter! He's in Moscow right now!









photos, The Fashion Spot

4 comments:

Romany said...

I absolutely love the dark power of this shoot. But I don't like the cover. Maybe if it were black and white, and she wasn't wearing red lipstick (just for the cover). Wow Vogue Russia - I don't think we get that here in Australia, but I'll definitely be checking it out from now on!
Romany
xx
p.s. you're very welcome, sweetie! :)

Wendy said...

Sasha has this interesting dark evil look to her.

lara said...

Sasha is great I love the pictures

Taryn said...

wow she has a really gorgeous face