Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Milk-Maid Braids and Flowers.


Now that I am (sadly) sinking back into reality and coming off of my National Championship high (but not completely!  I will probably be on that high at least a little bit for life), I have returned!  Today started out fairly nice, clear, and sunny.  I even needed sunglasses most of the day, and shielded myself from wind with just my little leather jacket.  I left my journalism class at 4:15 and the weather had become unfortunately overcast and chilly.  I just want a big chunk of nice weather, is that too much to ask?  My boyfriend and myself went out to celebrate our 20 month anniversary and it started to rain, a cold, visible breath kind of rainy-ness.  So lame!  No matter, though, I still wore milk-maid inspired plaits in my hair and a floral dress...One of my favorite dresses.  Partly because I got it for one dollar, but mostly because it is the best floral print ever.  Also, I don't know if anyone else does this, but I buy my opaque tights from the discount dance website.  After being a dancer, I've realized that no tights are as durable and truly opaque.  My recommendation to you.  




Floral print mini-dress, leather belt, and bangles, vintage; tights, bloch dance; high heeled oxfords, built by elves.  

PS: If you are a fan of street style, culture, clothing...hell, even if you WEAR clothes, you need to check out the Midwasteland based in Chicago.  Another plus, I will be a contributing writer in the near future...thanks, Monica!  

13 comments:

anna. said...

That dress is darling.

where do you study journalism?
i know im too young to worry about college, but i also hope to be a journalist if i even can improve my writing. so i am curious

=D

1234 said...

ive been wanting to test the braids! cept for my hair isnt gorgeously long like yours/

lara said...

The dress, the dress, the dress!! I love it :)And you have a nice blog :)

Caroline said...

that belt looks lovely! and i love your hair. i will try that out sometime.

Sam said...

very cute outfit and lovely flower print!
i wanna do that with my hair, but its not long enough. =[

Sheryl W said...

gorgeous dress! love it.

meliindaa. said...

I love your hair its gorgeous

meliindaa. said...

oh, by the way, i've linked you

Romany said...

Omg cute dress! I can't believe it was only a dollar - vintage shop, yes? ;)
Oh I quite like cold weather - I live in Australia, so even in winter it's fairly sunny. Would you like to swap homes? Lol.
Romany
xx

Raigan said...

The outfit is amazing! And you have gorgeous hair, im jealous! lol
have a good day!

xxoo,
reggie

Siljesfashion said...

Love the dress and the braids. I am totally into the braiding myself, a great way to spice up any outfit.

J.M. Powell said...

i am a braid addict lately...i think they look so girly and soft, i have to make sure not to overdo it

SICK. said...

nice braids, i love wearing my hair in them, it's so easy & pretty.

& about my shorts, i got them at this boutique (schad) in ottawa, for 20$ (regulary 200$), but it was a big sale so i doubt they're still there.
plus you apparently live in kansas ? yeah i doubt you'd come into canada for a pair of shorts :]

but i've been told that sirens sells some !
maybe forever 21 too ...

x.
jessica