Monday, April 14, 2008

Seeing Double

Every time I go home, I spend my Saturday morning thrifting.  I have a thing about buying boys' Ralph Lauren Polo plaids, and happened to find another one at my local DAV.  I believe it to be the perfect (non-madras!) plaid for Spring.  With short sleeves and bright colors, it will be easy to pair with nearly anything.  After returning back to Lawrence, I got to catch up on my blog/website reading.  And what did I see on the Sartorialist, but a photo of a girl looking fabulous in a similar style plaid to what I had just purchased!  I really love her look, and it seems as if she is one of the few people who could pull it off.  She keeps up the preppy trope with the khaki cargos, but adds some edge with the boots and utilitarian style belt.  I think I may just take a cue from here and wear mine tucked in, probably to something high waisted, with a great belt.  And since I am a huge advocate of feminine pieces being juxtaposed with boyish styles, the high-waisted something will probably be a skirt!  Photo of my shirt, just for the record...




Some other vintage finds I amassed over the weekend. More cardigans in more colors, navy keds, Pierre Cardin 60's pajama top I plan on wearing outside my bedroom, leather skirt, and floral print bag with wooden handle and door-knocker style detail.  Not as impressive as usual, unfortunately, but I should be slowing my thrifting down anyways.  I have run out of drawer space and hangers...and I have to move all of my stuff back home in about a month.  Yikes.



13 comments:

Gracie said...

those finds are wonderful! I especially love the leather skirt, I've been looking for one like it for ages!!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Great finds! Seems like everyone is having a lot of luck at the thrift stores these days.

Wendy said...

Awesome finds, especially that Cardin pj top.

Romany said...

Ooh the white shirt in the bottom pic is cute as! Nice find, don't you just love vintage?
Whenever I take pictures of myself I always look to the side of the camera as well...a little habit shared by many, I think. Lol.
Romany
xx

Romany said...

Oh and I've tagged you by the way! :)
Check my blog for details.
Romany
xx

Siljesfashion said...

Great finds!Love going thrifting on saturdays as well, I always end up with something amazing, like a one dollar dress. Love your blog! Check out mine for thrifting in Norway!

lara said...

lovely stuff :) I like everything!!

Riley said...

love the top!!!

Linda said...

Oh, how cute! I love the bag in your very last picture.

The Stylish Wanderer said...

What are those blue shoes's label?

Cool stuff you are linked! nice if you did the same

The Stylish Wanderer said...

If they are keds than that means i have them too! They are probably one of mt favorite pairs of shoes.

SICK. said...

i never find anything but stinky pants and dirty soccer jerseys at my local thrift store.
the second outfit is really cute, i bet it'd look even better on.

x.
jessica

Ana said...

I LOVE BOYS RL.

ahh my tomboy roots.