Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My apologies

I must say sorry for my lack of posts.  However, it has been an incredibly busy weekend with little time to ponder actual post ideas.  Why?  Oh, just because I go to a university that has the rad-est Basketball team in the nation.  My KU Jayhawks defeated the number one team in the country, North Carolina on Saturday, sending us to the National Championship, which was in San Antonio.  The last time we went was 2003, when we played Syracuse.  I remember watching us lose and shedding a few tears as I sat on the rug in front of the television at my house.  Last night though, we upset Memphis in overtime.  It was incredible.  I watched with 10,000 others at our legendary home court, Allen Fieldhouse.  I laughed, I screamed my vocal chords raw, and I cried this time, too.  Tears of unbelievable joy that our team held the title of best in the nation, one I knew they deserved after such a fantastic season.  I could attempt to describe the situation, but that would be totally futile.  Especially since I went into this just aiming to apologize for not posting.  But, classes were canceled today.  Festivities went on long into the night/morning on Massachusetts Street.  Basically, life is great.  I love KU.  

The end of my 'sorry' post that was completely unrelated to fashion.  

3 comments:

Romany said...

Oh that's ok -- fashion isn't everything, after all (gasp! Did I just say that?)...
I'm happy that your team won, that's wonderful to hear! Good to see you back. :)
Romany
xx

Ada [The Duchess] said...

Congrats!

I hope that happiness sustains you all up until the end of the school year.

Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Ahaha, I saw you ranting on this on TV. :D congrats again!