Wednesday, June 18, 2008

As promised...

Too many comments urged me to do this...you guys can talk me into anything! These are all pretty embarassing, really. Mainly because in most of them I'm young and awkward looking. Oh, well. Enjoy?

Mmm. Blue Gingham, hair ribbons, and ruby slippers...oh, my? Yes, I'm from Kansas and I did actually play Dorothy. Hilarious, right? I'm 17 here.
I really liked this one, actually! It was a green fringe dress with a purple fringed dress over it. Oh, and yellow tights with pink fishnets over them, and fishnet gloves. This is Godspell. I was the hussy who sings "Turn Back, O Man"
So, I could have included the photo of this show where my character is pregnant, but nah. The apron and strange head adornment are bad enough. Plus, my friend is back there playing a cow in this picture! I was 16, and this would be Into the Woods as the Baker's Wife. Our greens even match, how cute!
So, I am 13 here (eighth grade!), and wearing a bustier with more padding than you can ever imagine, and playing Scrooge's fiancee of the past in A Christmas Carol. Wrong, I know. All bra issues aside, this blue dress was probably one of my favorites!
So this picture isn't even a year old. Pretty, lacy dresses make me happy. That's my boyfriend looking super cute and super tall by the way. Thoroughly Modern Millie...and I was the only girl in the show not showing her goods off in a fringe dress because I was playing Miss Dorothy--the prude.
You can't see it, but I had to wear this giant, feathered tail as Gertrude (a bird...really) in Seussical. Pretty sweet glasses though, right? And I even got to wear my own converse.
Alright. This is bad. I am twelve years old here in the very first summer production I did for our theatre. I kind of wish I had a skirt like that, though. If you look closely, you might be able to see the ridiculously long fake blue nails I had to wear for this part.
Here I am with a cow--again. Hmm. Most embarrassing. Tiny little dress, poofy petticoat, BLONDE WIG. Oh, and the bonnet. Greeaaat. Age 15, in Gypsy as Dainty June. Vomit. I will never go blonde.
The glasses are back! Cute little catholic school-girl costume as Annie in Over the Tavern when I was 16. I also had to wear a beehive wig and shove a whole twinkie in my mouth for this show. Good times?
Nothing like Western attire to get the party started! I really like the guy who played Curly in Oklahoma's costume better than my boring costume as Laurie. I mean chaps? Really?
I loved this dress so much...sigh. I'm sixteen here, in Beehive which was a musical that revolved around 60's girl group songs. I had some killer go-go boots for a different song. I wish I still had those, too! Also, check out the wigs going on upstage of me. Amazing!


Well, I'm headed to NYC until late Monday night. Expect to see pictures...I am bound and determined to actually take some. Usually I always end up forgetting my camera, or feeling lame about taking pictures. Plus, my camera may be small...but it isn't quite small enough to not make my clutch have a strange, protruding tumor.

10 comments:

Sam said...

wow, you were in a lot of musicals!
i love that yellow lace dress and the fringe one is really cute too.

Human Racing said...

Great photos, not embarassing at all! You're quite the musical veteran.

Anne said...

Wow, you've been in so many productions! I really love the fringe dress.
Care to exchange links?
:)

Sammie said...

I love all the photos. You've been in a ton of musicals, wow.

Romany said...

Cute!
Love the fact that you're from Kansas and you played Dorothy.
You must be quite an actress to have starred in all these productions -- any tips?
Romany
xx

Wendy said...

Thats a big number of musicals. I love going to watch but I can't act or sing.

meliindaa. said...

whoaa thats amazing youre so talented! haha those are some cool costumes..

Biianca said...

wow you were in so many plays and musicals!
that is so awesome!!!

Emlyn said...

You've had an impressive run of shows so far! I think you look lovely in all the costumes, and I actually just saw a production of Suessical! It was great. Have fun in NYC, I hope you get a broadway show or two in. Are you planning on being in theatre?

Emily said...

I LOVE these pictures, and theater costumes, its so much fun to dress like someone who is totally not you. Great blog!