Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Light of my life, fire of my loins.

Nothing gets a person's attention like a title with the words loins in it, right? Well, being the self-proclaimed Russian nerd that I am, I am reading Lolita.
Doesn't this photo from the film (which I refuse to watch...yet!) make you want to go out and lie shamelessly in the grass in a retro-inspired swimsuit and giant hat? What is that one made out of anyways, any guesses? If I were thirteen, I could be spending my summer doing that, but instead I'll continue to busy myself indoors with the mountain of things I have to do (and should be doing right now). When I finally do get some time to bask outdoors, I may want to do so a la Lolita...in a way that is far more legal, of course. Swimsuit and sunglasses, Urban Outfitters


4 comments:

Tavi said...

I have been longing for a pair of heart sunglasses! I've never seen that movie nor read the book, but I'm sold by that swimsuit.

Merily said...

I loved that movie, haven't read the book though. I have those sunglasses, love them too :D

1234 said...

ohhh love those glasses!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE Lolita--its brilliant. I hope you enjoy it! and i love the yellow bathing suit, very cute and sunshiney :)