Monday, June 16, 2008

Grease is the Word.

So, I'm a bit of a theatre nerd and have been for the past eight years. I've had the chance to wear some pretty ridiculous stuff. Fringe dresses, piles of petticoats, super tight bustiers, horrible wigs, feathers...I could go on and on with this. This summer should prove to be pretty exciting speaking in terms of costuming, though! I'm going to be in Grease as Rizzo, and she has some pretty rad clothing in the film! I'm just hoping the duds I get to wear on stage will be half as cool. As a little girl, I would dress up in a poodle skirt and dance to the Grease soundtrack in our living room and sing probably at the top of my lungs. Charming, I know. If there are some amazing costumes in our show, I'll be sure to take some photos. I'd love it if we wore some real vintage, and I know for a fact that our costume shop has some great stuff! But I'm really hoping to see some crazy, tight black pants on my friend who's playing Sandy! Maybe sometime I'll compile some photos of the costumes I've had to wear...embarrassing? There is a bit of a difference between an audience of 300 and....the whole interweb.



9 comments:

Sinead said...

Ahh, who doesn't love grease!
I would love to see some of those costumes!

Human Racing said...

I love grease! You should totally show pictures of your embarassing costumes.

FASHION CHALET said...

I love this movie!!

Emlyn said...

You get the best part! Seriously! No shame in being a theatre nerd. It's always good to support the arts.
I'm looking forward to you posting your costumes. (do it, do it)

Supercalifashionista said...

Adorable blog! From one midwestern fashionista to another!

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

lave grease!!

and im addict to theater too!!

Anonymous said...

I always thought rizzo was the coolest :)

styledigger said...

Ooooh I love this movie!! I've seen uit a least 10 times:) Travolta was so cute!

1234 said...

i love grease!!