Friday, June 27, 2008

Making a lake of the East River and Hudson

How much do I love New York? A whole lot. Probably even more. It is my favorite city in the world, after all. I really enjoy the scent of melting, glittering asphalt. I love taking the subway (when it's running on time and everything and not out to just piss me off), going to Brooklyn for my favorite meal of all time, the random things you overhear, the hilarity and ridiculousness of the catcalls, and all of the strange encounters I seem to have EVERY time I go--even after having been 17 times in the past 7 years. My brother used to call Williamsburg home, and I have fond memories of walking through his quiet Brooklyn neighborhood alone at eight am. Waving hello to the old man who owned the meat store or stopping to smile and fawn over an adorable dog. Even though I know living there would be far different than any of the trips I've taken, I think I'm going to be damned well equipped with at least some of the skills I need when I move. And I will! I swear. I could never go against the pact I made with myself at age twelve.



I did my fair share of shopping (lots of florals and the BEST marc by marc shirt ever), saw Crybaby on Broadway from the 3rd row, ate way too much good food (papaya dog, Spice pad thai, mac and cheese and wine at DuMont, pizza, Good Burger, Pirozhki from Veselka etc...blahh), and likely killed my arches due to all the pavement pounding I did in heels for wonderful nights out. All well worth it and in great fun, though!

Decorative parrot in our hotel room.
Russian ELLE. I am such a Russian Nerd.
We're weird and we know that.

5 comments:

Human Racing said...

It looks like you had tons of fun in New York! I really want to go there someday.

Emlyn said...

I've been to NYC twice, I'm lucky because I have a friend who lives in a beautiful house in Brooklyn. Last time I went I saw Hairspray and I haven't seen the movie because I don't want to ruin what an incredible experience it was! By the sounds of it you practically live in New York.
I hear you on the unstable lifestyle thing, though both my parents are actors we do get by, but I'd like to have a career in art, but I also want to have money... hmm what to do.

Maureen said...

i love new york. i was born in queens, sadly i do not reside there anymore.
:/

thetinylittlegirl said...

love the parrot ;-)
and i'd love to see your marc by marc shirt!

1234 said...

i like both your outfitss in the first pic!