Friday, March 7, 2008

Breaking a Sweat.

Firstly, I feel I should apologize for my week-long hiatus.  The Russian language took over my life for awhile this week, but things have since cooled down.  Also, to add to the delightfulness that this week has brought, I somehow managed to get sick.  This means the motivation I usually have to get dressed in the morning dropped to a somewhat nonexistent level.  This past Wednesday, as I was feeling particularly dismal, I wore my boyfriend's XL size grey thermal tucked into very worn in (read: worn to near-shreds) black skinny denim and  a super awesome, vintage, buttery taupe leather belt with a huge gold buckle as my saving grace.  My boyfriend saw me and said I looked, "hastily dressed."  While that was indeed true, I was mostly thinking I was rocking a look inspired by Yves Saint Laurent!  Alright, so sweatshirts aren't exactly a Le Smoking jacket, but when paired with the right belt, high waisted mini skirt, or slim pant, they have the ability to add a slouchy sophistication.  


You can test out the above YSL Spring 2008 look yourself, sans monogram, with any supple grey knit you so desire!  I am lucky enough to have pilfered the aforementioned top from my boyfriend, but this one from American Apparel is unisex, and doesn't appear to have too much bulk to it.  


Of course, YSL should be commended for bringing sweatshirt dressing onto the runway, but we all know Jennifer Beales should probably be getting some credit for making the sweatshirt an actual trend.  So go ahead, find a sweatshirt and wear it like a maniac.  

8 comments:

anna. said...

cute.
i MUST try that this week.
i'll post a pic when do!

l'amour de mode said...

yes most def we link

Wendy said...

I love how comfy it looks!

miss jordan. said...

Thank yah!

Dave said...

Russian's death-grip isn't EVER going to let go.

l'amour de mode said...

The shorts are from Prada Spring07
Aren't they just fabulous?

But like I said before, we should definitely link (:

meliindaa. said...

thats one of my mini-goals that i've set for myself. rockk a sweatshirt in a chic way :]
i think i'll save that for an exam-day.

The Alterpenguin Superdork said...

Flashdancey sweatshirts and tights are cute...they make the sun shine...
Tra la la...